Friday 19 November 2010

Yeah man! I got another gig to play. It's Carols by Candlelight at Fort Canning Park. 12 December (Sunday) at 6pm. Repertoire will be Christmas carols I would think but I've yet to confirm this. It's free admission so mark down on your calenders people!

Practicing my New World Symphony part last night was probably one of the most tiring things I've practiced after my exams. I just realised the power of the tuner and it really helped me realise a lot of things in my playing. Since my exams ended I've been practicing with a tuner and from what I hear, my sound is getting more centred consistently. Having said that, keeping low notes centred and in tune really requires lots of air and support and now what my teachers and peers have told me makes sense! And that's why my practice session last night was so tiring.However, I really think I'm overpowering the instrument and the mouthpiece especially. So I might head down to Top Brass one day and check out a new mouthpiece; bigger and maybe heavier too.

So right now I've got a busy schedule in December to keep myself occupied. Well that's all for now, goodbye!

No comments: