Saturday 24 September 2011

Alright, today was a busy day indeed. Did my practice, had aural test and Slide That rehearsal at night. The first two sections of the test didn't go so well, only scored a pass. The other sections were fine.

When it comes to practicing, one tends to forget what he has taught himself even though it is so useful. I practiced today with particular attention to my posture and it did make a lot of difference to my playing. I'm able to project more and my air support is much better. I really wonder why do I even forget about it. Anyway now I have to focus on the Naulais etude that I'm going to play for brass class. A nice cool piece and different from the standard repertoire.

I've also learned what we'll be playing for the pop concert that the NAFA Orchestra is involved in. Apparently, the event is called Rays of Hope and I believe it's about raising funds for cancer patients. Of all the 22 pieces the orchestra is accompanying, I have to play 21. I guess it's gonna be another concert that's hard on the chops. Oh well, I hope it's interesting and that we'll have fun doing it. Now time to catch up on rest!

No comments: