Sunday 18 September 2011

One weekend just went past like that. Oh well, at least it was time spent with my parents. Got to do a bit of my history essay, some practicing as well. Speaking of practicing, I'm gonna focus more on my fundamentals at least for the next few months. I really believe now that improving my fundamentals will accelerate my learning of repertoire and not having to deal with too much technical issues when I'm learning pieces or even playing etudes and studies. I realise I haven't been taking care of my horn as much over the past week, I guess I should stop that habit. No matter how I don't like certain aspects about my instrument, it has still served me pretty well for the past year. I still love most things about it, just that my playing has changed but the horn can't keep up with my changes. But still it's not a must to change my horn so I'll live with it for a few more years.

I just took a walk around the neighbourhood. I really like such walks; me alone, just walking as far away from rude noises as possible. I watch people, the surroundings and just try to get myself to be in a peaceful state and I usually succeed at it. It also gives me some exercise because I walk for about 2 hours non-stop. I should do it more often and I should also start regular vigourous exercise like running, swimming and doing push-ups, sit-ups, etc. Oh well, I'm beat from all the walking so time to turn in. Bye!

No comments: