Sunday 16 October 2011

Alright, back from another 2-rehearsal-Sunday. I thought I wouldn't be able to attend philyouth rehearsal but I did. Quick dinner at Food Haven after rehearsal. I hope there will be more variety of food available around Goodman Arts Centre when rehearsals move there. Otherwise, it's back to buying breads for dinner. Philwinds rehearsal was interesting. Got some new scores today, basically the opening piece and the remaining 'movements' of a trilogy of pieces by Isao Matsushita. I must say the Japanese really know how to write interesting stuff. Here's a shot of some interesting things you don't usually see in wind band 3rd trombone scores:


Yup, these things keep my brain more active than usual during a rehearsal. Counting becomes more mentally tiring but these pieces are actually quite fun to play. Really looking forward to the months to come when the pieces start to take shape and we start rehearsals with maestro Bostock. 

Tomorrow shall be one of the rare days I go to school so late but I mean, only having Commuter Concert at 5:30pm and then going to Esplanade for rehearsal at night, it makes sense to practice at home then head out. So I'll be getting some good sleep then! Good night!

No comments: