Wednesday 11 January 2012

Long days aplenty this week! Glad today was cut shorter. Would really like the rest so that tomorrow's practice will be better. I also need more discipline when in the practice room! Urgh, have to tell myself not to start playing instead of practising. Really wastes time and energy that can be done improving my playing. Oh well, something else to take note about. By the way, I got a surprise at wind band rehearsal today:


I played this piece 5 years ago with Dunearn for SYF. Memories of the preparation and performance we did then just came back. It occurred to me that when I played it 5 years ago, I alternated between the bass part and the 2nd part. Also, at that time, I couldn't nail the melody that the tenor trombones play at bar 88. I remember being all so stressed about it till I actually cried one day. But still, till this day, I love this piece! I had lots of fun sight-reading this piece once more with the NAFA Wind Band. Well technically, I'm not sight-reading; I know how the piece goes. I hope the band will perform it! Will be really nice to perform it again! 

No comments: