Saturday 17 November 2012

It was a good day today! Practice was fulfilling, can't say it was super productive but at least I felt better on the instrument compared to the past few days. Mock exam was really fun and I'm glad people see it as useful! Shows I have stuff to catch up on!

I recently acquired a big collection of CDs from Fredi and it included a CD released by Wang Wei who  is a graduate from YST. His CD contained a solo piece with wind quintet accompaniment and that got me interested so do look out for a performance coming next year hopefully. I also plan to hold fortnightly or monthly mini recitals playing etudes, short solo pieces and perhaps chamber music. Still in the works of how can I attract people and repertoire and also who is available to play etc. but I'd like to see it happen! Opens up more opportunities for me to perform.

This past Wednesday I had my last lesson with my teacher of 3 years, Fredi. It was been a good 3 years I must say and I will really miss his playing, his teaching and the inspiration he provides me. In all honesty he is one of the best teachers I have met and I am very grateful for having the opportunity to be his student. I must say after the last lesson I did wonder how life will be from now on as a trombonist. Sure, I will have another teacher for the final semester, but I already miss Fredi's abundance of ideas, his wealth of knowledge and troubleshooting skills. It now prompts me to think whenever I study a score, how would Fredi play it? He has been a big influence on me and although I do see our differences in musical choices, most of the time we are in agreement. I hope to be able to see him again when I travel to Germany or if he happens to come back for whatever reason.

That brings me to the idea of a German tour next year provided I have the money and time to make such a trip. I really want to use this trip to take lessons, gain contacts and also attend concerts if the orchestras are still playing then. Meeting friends will be a bonus! Yup so over the holidays I will have time to think about it and perhaps do some planning should it be in the right circumstances for me to go.

Alright, that's all for now. Goodbye world!

No comments: