Saturday 6 April 2013

Wow, almost a month since I last updated and I think it's time to update because there has been a major happening in my life. I'm very honoured to be selected for the 2013 season of the Asian Youth Orchestra! It was a really big surprise to me; I never really expected myself to be selected and it was one of the most hormone-rushing moments I had in a while! I am really grateful for the opportunity to be part of the orchestra and I am very excited to meet other fine Asian musicians and work together with them for 6 weeks! But right now, I have some hurdles to clear, the biggest of them is NS enlistment. I still have not received assurance that my enlistment will be after I come back from the tour. I can only guess my chances are high that I will not be enlisted before I come back. This will be a major issue that will be casting a grey cloud over my participation in the orchestra so I'm hoping everything turns out fine.

Next week will be a week of many rehearsals for the NAFA Orchestra and Chorus as we make the final push for Beethoven 9. I feel very fortunate to be playing this masterpiece of the classical repertoire, especially whilst still in NAFA. Do get your tickets soon! I have a $20 discount for each ticket for a maximum of 2 tickets so if you'd like to take advantage of this discount, please contact me!

Alright, that's all for now. Goodnight world!

No comments: