Thursday 18 February 2010

First few days of Chinese New Year has just passed by. My family doesn't do much during Chinese New Year. We don't have visitors, we only visit three houses yearly so ya, for us the festive mood goes away pretty fast. But this year, Abel warmly invited us to have steamboat at his house so a very big thank you to him and his family for the hospitality once again. Going to have one more steamboat this Saturday hosted by Zhen Zhang. So in a way, this year's Lunar New Year is different from past years. I didn't manage to find time to go back to Dunearn last Friday before the New Year; missed a chance to talk to my teachers but oh well, I'm going back tomorrow. I always have a strong connection between DMB and myself, no matter how sometimes I've been frustrated now and then by the members. It was where my musical journey blossomed, where I made some of my closest friends and where I learnt great things too. I really hope they can get back on their feet and play some good music this year. Meanwhile I'm still enjoying myself in NAFA. Although I really hoped to be in orchestra for the upcoming concert, I wasn't selected but it's alright, I'll still be a part of it; singing the Requiem by Gabriel Faure. Theory tests coming up though! Have to study! Have a great weekend ahead! :)

No comments: