Thursday 10 February 2011

Well since the last post, I can safely say I've become better in my playing. Since then I've realised a lot of things about embouchure, air usage, tongue placement and awareness of body muscles. All these things really attribute so much in our playing and I believe it's important that when we practice, we take note of these things, evaluate if there are any problems in those areas that are causing us to stop developing, or get worse. Practicing is not so much just thinking all about improving, it's trying out different ideas, using the ideas that work for you and also, add on to the idea and make it your own because every musician is different.

On the way home I listened to the Philwinds recordings for the pop concert on 5 Dec 2010. Everytime I listen to the recordings I just feel a sense of accomplishment and I just feel so happy listening to it. It may not be near-perfect technically and musically but it was really a concert that I believe all musicians on stage enjoyed. I myself enjoyed every moment. Full house by the looks of it, hyped-up audience, fantastic musicians and good music. The recordings have so much sentimental value to me and I hope I can keep making music like that. I'll be playing for Philwinds one more time for a private function in the Istana. I don't think it's public. I've also been asked to play for BHSO for their Dvorak concert. Hope it'll be great fun. Till next time, bye!

No comments: