Monday 25 July 2011

My new MacBook Air is here! It actually arrived last Friday afternoon but I sort of forgot to post about it because I've been busy turning it into my machine. I really love this computer. So far it's everything I need; portability and having reasonable performance. But really, this MacBook Air just outperforms my Acer in every way with just $400 more in price. It's super thin, light (1.3kg. My Acer was 2.6kg), and it's a Mac! The hardware on paper in my opinion don't tell the whole story. Yes the hardware is lower in numbers than even the 13" Pro but having a Solid-State Drive for storage really makes this computer really fast for opening apps, waking from sleep, file transfers and in some ways, multitasking. Add in some really cool features like iOS style gestures and multitouch on the very large and smooth trackpad, backlit keyboard, long battery life etc. and this machine is really worth the money. If anyone wants to find out more about it from a users perspective, do contact me! I'll give you my findings from the perspective of a brand new Mac user who switched over from Windows..hehe. Oh well that's all for now, time to go practice. Bye!

No comments: