Sunday 21 August 2011

Woo, one week of brass lessons and concerts just went by. It has been a fantastic week. First the one night in Rome, that was just great. The sights of the city was so beautiful. Although we didn't go to the famous and very well-known tourists spots, I'm sure we were at a tourist spot by coincidence. Our original intention was to find a Nespresso shop and we ended up getting a bit lost in a tourist spot. Luckily my phone's map was sufficient to find our way to the shop. After the few hours walking around Rome we were on the 3 hour bus journey to Santa Fiora. Santa Fiora is a medieval town 700m above sea level. It's really a beautiful place here with wonderful weather. The temperature in midday is about the same as Singapore but there's wind here! Buildings are old which adds to the very nice landscape. And the main event, Italian Brass Week, has been superb as well. I mean great music, great teachers and many talented brass players from all over the world. I've met trombonists from my age to one who has an Assistant Principal Trombone job in the Israel Philharmonic Orchestra. The trombone teachers, especially Ian Bousfield, have been great as well. I've learnt so much from them and I've a wealth of recordings from lessons that I can listen to when I'm back. Now I've one more concert to listen to and Ian Bousfield is playing Blue Bells of Scotland. I hope there's many more great music to hear! Tomorrow morning I'll be leaving for Rome, maybe go sightseeing a bit and my flight for Dubai leaves at 1525. I probably can update while in Dubai so till then, bye!

No comments: