Thursday 22 September 2011

People, I am currently selling the trombone equipment that I don't need. Here's the list of what I'm selling:

Bass Trombone Mouthpieces
1. Schilke Symphony D6.0
2. Josef Klier 1AK
3. Yamaha 59L-GP

1. This mouthpiece has almost the same rim as the Schilke 60 (29mm) but it has a deeper cup and more open throat and backbore. This mouthpiece is not for beginners and should only be used by players who have strong embouchures. It provides a lot of space for vibrations of the lips and when used by advanced players, can open up the sound especially in the low register. I bought this 2nd hand and thus the mouthpiece looks like it has seen some years of usage.

2. This mouthpiece has a 28mm rim (somewhere between a Schilke 58 and 59 or a Bach 1.5G and 1.25G) with a 8mm throat. It is a German style mouthpiece that has a thick rim that is very comfortable on the chops. The AK size is the deepest cup and biggest throat and backbore but I don't think they are as big as the Schilke 60. Still this mouthpiece plays with a nice big and warm sound. In my opinion, this mouthpiece is great for advancing bass trombonists. This was bought brand new and is still in superb condition.

3. This was my first mouthpiece as a bass trombone student at NAFA. It has a 27.3mm rim and 7.25mm throat. Size-wise, it feels like a Bach 1.5G but has better weight distribution for that more stable sound. It has gold-plated rim, inner cup and inner shank. For me, a gold-plated mouthpiece stays warmer for a longer time and feels more comfortable on the chops. I find that these mouthpieces are stickier when dry and more slippery when wet compared to silver-plated mouthpieces. In my opinion, this is a great mouthpiece for beginners on the bass trombone.

Bass Trombone Cases (I'm only selling either one of these)
1. Eastman in black
2. Protec

1. This case was what I used before I changed to a gig bag. It is a hard case with a fibreglass shell. The case is secured shut by 5 latches and has a waterproof seal. 2 straps are provided with the case and they can be setup for backpack usage or over the shoulder. Interior is well padded and is lined with velour. A padded and reinforced board separates the slide from the bell. There is also an accessories compartment. This case will fit bells up to 10 inches and axial-flow valves, standard rotary valves, Greenhoe and similar sized valves. Trubore valves are a tight fit in this case. I've not tried the Lindberg valves in this case yet. It has many scratches on the shell but this case will provide sufficient protection.

2.This is the previous generation Protec Contoured case for bass trombone. Shell is wood and it is covered by Cordura. A single shoulder strap is provided with this case. There's an accessories compartment on the outside. Interior is lined with velour and is very roomy. There's an adjustable board to provide a snug fit for any bell length. This case will comfortably take 10.5 inch bells and large valves.

Please contact me for prices and if you have any queries, want pictures or more details. Contact me by email: tanjiewei@gmail.com

No comments: