Thursday 1 December 2011

Rest proved to be better for me tonight. My chops managed to last the first half of the philwinds program. I also realised that as I practise the parts more, get familiar with them, especially the meters, I'm less tired than during the first few rehearsals. Also, with fellow musicians in the ensemble giving me comments about my playing, it really helps me focus more and know what needs to be done. To be honest, I did forget lots of important aspects of ensemble-playing and it was really unprofessional of me to bring less than 100% to every rehearsal. I really don't want to see myself typing this again but reality has taught me that I might let my guard slip in the future so I guess if I always keep that in mind, it might help make the impression stick.

By the way, I do have some $8 tickets for the philwinds concert. Please contact me ASAP if you want them! Time for some rest now. Low range practice continues later when I wake up!

No comments: