Thursday 15 March 2012

Loved how I managed to turn cold chops into useable ones today! Was a great feeling! Accomplished!

Yup today was a good day actually! NAFA Orchestra rehearsal went well! Focus was there, minor glitches but if we keep this up, the concert will be much much much much more enjoyable! =)

Lesson with Kevin Thompson...hmm...I really wish there could be more out of it. I mean, playing one full concertino and something like 6 or so excerpts in 30 min without comment? Not really good...

SNYO rehearsal was usual. And speaking of that, it seems like there's a lot of leaving and joining in the orchestral trombone scene this year! Lots of auditions going on, people resigning, new players taking their seats. Well, I myself will resign from the Singapore National Youth Orchestra after this Sunday's concert. I just feel I can put my time to better use and I'm glad I didn't face much resistance from anyone about this. My hope right now is to continue performing as much in the local orchestras but at the same time, I want to gain something good out of the experience. I'm aiming my sights at The Philharmonic Orchestra right now. Won't be involved in their upcoming project which is the Beethoven Piano Concerto cycle with Lim Yan but there are plans to do Brahms 4 in the fall and that will be really interesting! Really looking forward!

One other thing to look forward to is NAFA Orchestra's project next year, Beethoven 9! Really hope I get the seat for that project! I just remember constantly listening to this work when I first told myself I wanted to do music as a career back in 2009. Everytime I took the long journey to the northeast (almost 2 hours), I'd put on Beethoven 9. A major excerpt for bass trombone in that work too! Excited!!

Seems like life has much to look forward to after all the things I predict I'll be missing. That just put a smile on my face! =) Alright, that's all I have for now, goodnight world!

No comments: