Thursday 26 April 2012

Hello readers! Been a while, or so it feels. Theory exams are finally over! Really glad because now I can focus on my repertoire exam.

It just feels I've been out of touch with my technique for a while. Even though I feel I've gotten back to focused technique practice after the string of ensemble performances I played, it doesn't seem to show now. My slide technique actually deteriorated, but that probably was because I tried another slide grip. I'm back to my previous grip which I find has so much more ease and accuracy. My articulation still is not good, something I really have to work on. Loud dynamics ain't good too. Really, I haven't felt this sense of being overwhelmed by technical issues in a while. I'm glad it is pointed out to me 2 weeks before my exam. Have slightly less than that to work on technique as much as I can and after that it's run throughs for at least 3 days.

Holidays will be a busy time for me. I hope to be able to start studying German. Just calculated, it'll take me 110 weeks to get to level B2 which is the requirement to study in UdK in Berlin. That's pretty much a tad over 2 years. Really long time so yup, need to start now! Driving lessons should start too but I'll read up more on that later. Other than that, 2 OMM concerts, brass band, Brass Explosion competition, Venus Transit performance @ NUS, OMM tour will be my playing projects. I also intend to compile exercises which I find most useful and make a exercise book out of it using Sibelius which I just bought! So yes, lots to work on during the holidays. In no time, I'll be in my third year at NAFA. Should be quite a journey.

Alright, eyes are closing, time to sleep. Goodnight world!

No comments: