Sunday 3 June 2012

Back from the final concert of Rite of Spring with OMM. Was a better concert than the first one in my opinion! Great job OMM! Was a really challenging programme. I hope to be able to play bass trombone with an orchestra soon. Playing tenor has been fun so far but I don't want it to take over my bass trombone. I still have about 5.5 weeks left on the 2nd trombone chair in OMM. After that, I intend to move back one seat to the left permanently! Haha! Playing 2nd chair has taught me much about balance, intonation and bridging especially, and I intend to bring all those qualities I learnt to my orchestral bass trombone playing. But nevertheless, I will still continue to enjoy working with OMM for the tour and hopefully there'll be much fun and even more learning involved!

Alright, now time to focus on the solo competition on Monday. Many fantastic players on the list and only 3 prizes. I won't be getting my hopes up to win any of the prizes but I'll aim to play my best of my interpretation with the skills I have. It's also a chance for me to perform the Ewazen concerto in public so that I can better prepare for future performances.

Okie, that's all for now, time for some good rest after 2 concerts and a fantastic post concert reception! Goodnight world!

No comments: