Sunday 9 September 2012

Has been a busy week and it's coming to an end. One concert to play later in the afternoon and it'll mark the start of a one week break. As I reflect more on life recently, I see myself seeing more sense of purpose and fulfilment. I don't seek non-beneficial enjoyment as much and I really love what I do, be it playing music, academic work, listening to concerts, sometimes teaching. I no longer see myself sitting around, gaming (which I still do but very little and kinda wish I did have time to!), watching much TV, hanging around with friends pointlessly, etc. I pick up my bass trombone and I feel at home because it is where I have fun, where I create, where I spark imagination. I pick up a score or article to study, I feel connected and enriched by its content; it enhances my creativity on the instrument. I really love music. It give me the feeling of fulfilment. People ask me why do I do music. I used to not be able to answer that. But I think now I can. It fulfils my life, gives it meaning and purpose. It lets me say, yes, this is home.

No comments: