Friday 11 December 2009

Back from band camp! I went there on wednesday with absolutely no intention to stay overnight. But...Mr Yeo wanted the band to watch a video. He uses a Macbook so there's no VGA port on his laptop, then, Ms Claudia Tan got somebody to bring her laptop to school. Ok, done setting up then..her laptop cannot play the audio part of the video. So..I went home, it was about 8:30pm by the way, so I decided I won't waste trips to and fro just to take my laptop so I brought my stuff and stayed overnight. Overall the camp was alright but to be honest it lacked a variety of activities. It's basically music practice nearly the whole day and about 2 hours of games on the 2nd day. I'm not saying it's not good, in fact I think it's good because it allows the members especially the younger ones to experience band camp since my batch didn't organise one due to the HK trip. I do hope the band will be successful in its forays into NBC and/or SIBF next year. But whatever it is, I hope they will continue to work hard despite the disappointment (to me at least) of not being able to participate in next year's outdoor SYF. From the camp I can see the the members are showing improvement musically and I'm pretty sure they'll sound well in time to come. Well, they have 2 good weeks of rest and hope they'll continue to make improvements. In fact I'm also having a good rest this weekend because Yuhua cancelled their practice! Was supposed to go there tomorrow morning but they cancelled the practice instead. Kai Yuan told me that Compassvale is having practice everyday next week and I'm very worried because I don't wish to get posted there the whole week. Well, I shall know in time to come. Tired...sleepy...goodbye people.

No comments: