Thursday 26 January 2012

Still haven't gotten back to planning my practice sessions!! Urgh! Cannot carry on like this! I did have some fundamental practice but without planning it's kinda less fulfilling. Practised the Brahms 1 excerpts too and along the way I (re)discovered a certain embouchure that improves efficiency, sound quality and evenness across the range, but at the expense of endurance and quite difficult to handle when articulation is put in. But it does seem something worthy of working on!

Mr. Hartung is back on the podium today for orchestra! Nice to see him again and I must say the music is taken to the next level with him at the helm. Of course Mr. Lim Yau has done a great job building up technical and teamwork aspects in the orchestra but to me, Mr. Hartung just turns it into music that means something. Gotta learn how to do that myself. Need to find my own musical voice! I guess time to collect more CDs of other instrumentalists. Alright, that's all for today. Goodbye!

No comments: